.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 04, 2003

OH NO -- THE COMMERCIAL IS NOW A MADE FOR TV MINI SERIES

I WONDER IF ANYONE ELSE TRIED TO WATCH "INSTINCT" LAST NIGHT. I THINK IT'S THE LAST TIME I'LL TRY TO WATCH A MOVIE ON CBS. I GUESS I DON'T WATCH MOVIES ON CBS VERY OFTEN OR EVER, BECAUSE I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE NUMBER OF COMMERCIALS, AND THE SLOPPY BREAKS WHERE THEY CUT IN. THEY WERE COMING EVERY 7 MINUTES AT ONE POINT. THE MOVIE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INTENSE AND SUSPENSEFUL, AND I WOULD GUESS IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN IF IT WASN'T STOPPED EVERY FEW MINUTES WITH CAR COMMERCIALS. THE WORST WAS AT THE CLIMACTIC SCENE YOU KNEW WAS COMING. I KEPT WAITING FOR A COMMERCIAL TO BREAK IN. AS IT WAS, THEY STOPPED THE FILM FIVE MINUTES BEFORE IT ENDED.

NOW NBC HAS AN IDEA ON HOW TO MAKE SURE WE AREN'T FLIPPING THOSE CHANNELS DURING COMMERCIALS OR EVEN TAKING ANY WALKS TO THE KITCHEN. (I TOOK SO MANY WALKS LAST NIGHT I MUST HAVE GAINED FIVE POUNDS.)
THEY ARE GOING TO PRESENT MINI-MOVIES THAT WILL RUN DURING THE COMMERCIAL BREAKS. CHECK IT OUT HERE. Made for tv mini movies to run as commercials with "stars" like Tom Arnold--I don't know about you--but I think I'd be forced to flip no matter how involved I was in the regular show. Maybe they better put some more thought into this plan. A movie is not a draw in itself just because it's called a movie. Some commercials are very entertaining. Hallmark commercials always make me cry. But what's with the new McDonald's commercial where the guy stands up and grabs his crotch? Is that some kind of body language I don't know for "that was one tasty hamburger"? At least they have finally shut the Verizon man up before someone had to kill him.

Sometimes tv is just too much for Ms. Refusnik. She should stick to her computer.

So What Do YOU Think? COMMENTS


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?