.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 16, 2003

HACKED OFF

I've missed you all. My captors don't let me do much of anything. I am writing this from an undisclosed location. I have taken all components of AOL from my computer. DSL was a big mistake. I really am afraid for my sanity. I didn't find out yesterday was Friday until 5:00 p.m. All day I thought it was Thursday, my day off. So I had to call in and tell the truth: I forgot what day it was and didn't go to work. P.S. I don't drink or take drugs.

The strange files on my computer are legion now. I can't open most of them. They have taken over control of my phone now too. I tried to call Dell technical support but I got a fake recording and music, not the usual menu and prompt for my service number. I tried to call Microsoft and it didn't seem right either. I know I am losing my mind. I want to dump everything but they'll still have my IP address. I called AOL for help and they didn't have a clue what to do. All their big pitches about internet safety, but when push comes to shove they just don't know. They told me they can't give me a new IP address.

So who do I go to for help? The insane FBI who will look into my background and use the Patriot Act to blame me for something? I think I'll leave those boys alone.

I have finally come to accept the truth. There is no final authority or help for hackers. No one knows what to do. You're on your own baby.

My event viewer is as scary as any Alfred Hitchcock movie. Under "security" are "successful" information reports 60 times a minute. Now remember I am the only user on this computer. But these successful information reports say things like this: User name: Local Service. Domain: NT Authority (This is not my domain). Logon ID (0x0.0x3E.5) Logon Type 5 Logon Process - Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Logon GUID and a bunch of 0's. Here's another: "A trusted logon process has registered with the Local Service Authority. The logon process will be trusted to submit logon requests. Logon process name: Rasman." Then it repeats, changing the name to Chap or K Sec DD or MsGina. And my McAfee Security Center continues to show on its bar graph that I am 98% protected against everything.

If I ever get back to normal blogging, not to mention living, I plan to share a frightening tale of how right I was about Microsoft spying. It seems they just signed a contract with Homeland Security. What do you know? We'll talk. Wish me well.

So What Do YOU Think? COMMENTS


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?