.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 28, 2003

THE GOOD OLD EPLPDXO2--HOW'S YOUR'S RUNNING?



Number one in the top twenty search parade today and always I guess, at least for this blog, is the hidden driver with the exotic name, Eplpdx02. I have new information and must break into the all-hacking all the time news bulletin to give you the latest. I'll tell you though I think the hackers left it for me to find. I do think they read the blog to see what I'm doing and what I'll do next. I'm no dummy. I don't spell everything out. In fact, I have a new plan I'm very excited about, but you'll have to wait until it unfolds to hear about it. It's a winner. And you know what it will result in? Justice. I get my computer back in time to go back to school for my knowledge management certificate. They get justice.

What is justice? Check it out. Computer theft is defined as "intentionally and without authorization or claim of right accessing or causing to be accessed any computer, computer system, computer network, or any part thereof" blah blah blah "with intent to deprive the owner of use or possession of any computer". The penalties include: Imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $50,000 or both, ya da ya da, Imprisonment for not more than five years or to payment of a fine of not more than $10,000 or both if the loss to the owner is more than $500 but not more than $2,500 or in all other cases to imprisonment for not more than 90 days or to payment of a fine of not more than $700 or both. This is for Minnesota and Wisconsin but how different can it be for Illinois--probably just tougher. Justice will come.

Okay the promised Eplpdx02 news that they left lying on a stack of folders next to my desk. Its from Annoyances.org dated June 26, 2003, way after mine was fine and I had stopped looking for answers. Again, the problem is always the Epson C-82 printer which always worked fine for me too. But you know I did in fact uninstall the printer and then reinstall it and its drivers from the Epson disc. I felt crazy doing it since it worked fine, but once I learned that the Eplpdx02 was associated with it I had to go for it. I feel badly I didn't mention this before. I thought it was just a fluke and a dumb thing to do on my part. I was embarrassed I did it to tell you the truth--reinstall drivers in a perfectly good running printer. But that's what the man here, Pawan David, says is the answer. So good luck to all you people whose Eplpdx02's won't start.

(By the way, if you're a fan of Annoyances, you might be interested to know, as I was before my computer was hacked, that you can order a similarly themed book Windows XP Annoyances by David A. Karp. One of the exciting subjects he discusses is how to adjust hardware device drivers with skill and precision.)

And now I've got research to do. Nancy Drew lives. She's a lot older, a little beat up, and she smokes now. There's no Ned in a coupe to drive her around. She relies on her bicycle for her stake outs. Dad's gone and so's the cash, but you watch. Nancy is going to solve this caper.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?