.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 23, 2003

A big howdy to my faithful readers, and to all those looking for lapdancers, ways to kill fruit flies and constipation remedies. I just spent an hour at my undisclosed location filing another incident report with a federal agency. When I went to electronically submit it, the hackers took over and it went to something I've seen before called blue icarus which has about 100 recipients. Some of these have problems with their e-mails. I saw it the other day when I couldn't send another federal incident report I spent an hour on. So you end up with messages like "Your message could not be sent because so-and-so could not download music on 8/23" or something bizarre like that. I didn't want to send the private information to 100 people anyhow. I guess they can hack me wherever I go. Or maybe more computers are just being hacked. Or maybe computers just act up and I really am getting paranoid. Is this the Crying of Lot 49? What's happening to my life?

The good news is that my brother and my daughter now believe I'm sane. By the way, I found out from Blogpatrol today that if you look up "logon process Rasman" in Google you not only get this blog, but you get an entire explanation of how they run their logon scripts.

My brother and daughter have had to apologize and eat crow because they saw the manifesto. I wish I could reproduce it here, but they did something so I couldn't save it to disc or CD. Instead I had to copy it by hand, since they disabled my printer. I thought I'd share some of these ravings with you. A little goes a long way. I don't want to lose the readers I have left. Any computer afficiandos who want the whole thing can e-mail me. I don't use my old e-mail but I still read it.

This was written in reply to my terse note that they'd better clear out by last Thursday at noon or lose all their files. I found it in the files, which I frequently go through to see what's new, since it's about all I have left to do on my computer, under "Review Your System's History," which had been something from Dell I think.

Here goes:

"Loads files to memory for later printing. Automatic Local System Protocal Storage (they like the caps) provides protected storage for sensitive data, such as private keys to prevent access by unauthorized services, processes or users." (Isn't that ironic? They're worried about security. Give me a break! "Automatic Local Services (ALS) (they never abbreviate or not capitalize anything) Qos RSVP (don't ask me) provides network signaling and local traffic control setup functionality for QoS aware programs and control applets. Disabled LS Remote Access Auto Connection Manager creates a connection to a remote network whenever a program references a remote DNS or Net BIOS name or address. Disabled LS Remote Assistance will be unavailable. Before stopping this service see the dependencies tap of the properties dialog box. Disabled LSR procedure call RPC provides the end point mapper LS routing and remote access offers routing service to businesses in local area and wide area network environment. (Say what? These are business people hacking me?) Disabled LS secondary Logon enables starting processes under alternate credentials. If this service is stopped, this type of logon access will be unavailable. (That would be my f**king point kids.) If this service is disabled, any services that depend on it will fail to start." (That would break my heart.) Now dig this, they're in the security business, "Started Automatic Local System Security Accounts Manager Stores Security information for local user accounts. ALS Serial Keys Manual LS server supports file, print, and named-pipe (sic) sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, this computer will not support legacy reader."

And it goes on. And on. All the services that will fail to start if I stop my computer from being in their network. But they make some interesting allusions about being in the security business. And there's this whole thing about smart cards. And they're very into Microsoft. Some of the names they use are Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft Windows Network and Web Client Network. They won't let me touch these files. And some of you may recall the post I did about MS sucking out personal info through the Windows Update downloads. I used a scientific article from something called Tec Channel. The hackers found it somewhere and posted it on my desktop with a note letting me know that it was from a journal put out by Linux. So they are very protective of Microsoft. Could they be former MS employees? They sure know their stuff. They certainly knew exactly where Windows was vulnerable. They didn't just go for the easy port 135. They got fancy and exploited the vulnerabilities in the Microsoft remote procedure call interface.

Anyhow my brother believes me now. I also shared some of my notebook of other signs of computer compromise that I have collected for the authorities that I am waiting for. My daughter believes a worm couldn't have written the above. So now I am ready to pull the plug. Perhaps I can get back to normal life and blogging soon.

So What Do YOU Think? COMMENTS




Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?