.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 11, 2003

FINALLY SEEING THE FOREST
If any of you read earlier posts or looked at my links, you would know that Dennis Kucinich had been my choice as the person with the vision to lead this country out of the depths of decay and destruction Bush et al have put it in. I voted for him in the MoveOn primary, and someone from MoveOn sent me an e-mail with the vote results, saying that he, too, supported Dennis. Today I decided it's time to say adieu. I am going with the Dean camp for a number of reasons, and not just because I would vote for Satan if he had a better chance against Bush. I do it with a glad heart.

First, and this is pertinent, let me tell you about the two websites you should know about if you don't. And forgive me webloggers if I'm telling you about something as common as Burger King. This is still all new to me. I am lost in Wonderland here.

I found the first one, again, through that giver of all riches What's On Rebecca's Portal.
It is Technorati: Web Services for Bloggers also known as Cosmo. This site will tell you how many weblogs link to you and which ones they are. It will also allow you to search for keywords to see what topics are coming up a lot in which blogs. You can subscribe for $5.00 and create a watchlist to be e-mailed the information on your own blog and any other blogs you want. Or you can get the info for free like I did.

So I entered "FCC legislation" as a keyword search to see how many webloggers were writing about this issue now. It turns out 65 were. I was impressed. Not too many at all were writing about it before the June 2nd vote. A few weblogs stood out and I went to investigate.

And boy did I strike gold. I have a new weblog for daily reading. It will also be a new link. It takes off from the second you hit the page. It's Seeing the Forest. Dave Johnson writes with passion about the issues. And he really knows what's going on. It turns out he is a Fellow at the Commonweal Institute, "a new think tank and communications organization working to bring positive moderate and progressive messages to the public and build widespread support for the issues we all care about."

Getting back to Kucinich, what I found out was that, hold onto your hats, he was one of the 31 Dems who voted along with the 227 Republicans to launch the impeachment inquiry against Clinton. Yes-sir-yee-bop, as Ohio Rep in the House Vote on Impeachment Inquiry, on October 9, 1998, Kucinich voted with the Republicans. I'm afraid so. That's especially interesting considering how much support he's received from MoveOn, which Joan Blades and Wes Boyd founded out of frustration in reaction to the whole partisan impeachment process.

Then I watched this video of Dean's speech at the Democratic Convention in California. I know I was so sold on Kucinich that I didn't pay enough attention to Dean. Now I am. If you haven't seen seen this speech, please watch it. It is powerful. "I want my country back. We want our country back, " he says. I read that some in the audience were crying. I could cry. He's got my vote and some of my money. I go quite willingly and gladly to support Howard Dean.

I am putting up my Howard Dean link and signs, and I feel proud to do so. I have my hopes pinned on him, and my prayers.



Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?