.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 23, 2003

WHAT SO FUNNY ABOUT PEACE, LOVE & UNDERSTANDING?"

I am one of the many who always has to add in answer to the question about musical tastes, that I never cared for country. Well, I just may have to rethink that and try something new. I have got to hand it to those Dixie Chicks. After everything the media put them through, they have come out with both barrels blazing, at Madison Square Garden no less. Either they don't give a damn about radio play and bad press, or they just think they have enough of a fan base that it has proven once and will prove again not to be that important. I was reading here in the New York Times that they started out with Elvis Costello's "What's So Funny About Peace, Love & Understanding?". Now wait a damn minute. That ain't country. The article also describes how Natalie Maines, the lead singer, sang their song, Truth No. 2, with the line, "You don't like the sound of the truth coming from my mouth" against a video screen of protesters for civil rights and right to choose. Well now, don't that beat all. Another secret the world knew and I didn't--the Dixie Chicks are cool and they're not really country. I am so out of it. You go girls.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?