.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 21, 2003

I must have been getting tired when I just wrote last night that Dennis Kucinich's bio was "impressive." I forgot that what's impressive to me isn't what most people would typically think of as impressive I guess. I mean his resume is not filled with government or corporate scum-sucking, greedy, back-stabbing, lying and manipulating positions of increasing power. He is to be greatly admired because he was has been honored by the Sierra Club, Friends of the Earth, and the League of Conservation Voters for his efforts in environmental causes. He has a strong history of fighting for human rights and workers' rights. His efforts on behalf of Cleveland's poor caused him to be honored by the National Association of Social Workers. I like that. And I like the fact that he continues to be a local and national advocate for the homeless. He grew up living in 21 different places, including a couple of cars, before he was 17, and apparently has not forgotten this experience.

Well, you can read it all for yourselves. And I'm sure there will be much more after he wins the MoveOn primary vote Tuesday and has all that grassroots support backing him. I do think this movement will grow. In the meantime, read between the cracks of this somewhat cynical report about a Dennis public appearance and be overwhelmed with gratitude. I know I am. I mean just to think that a man like this would even consider running for president almost makes me want to be an American again.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?