.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

I have several overdue library books. Today I was waiting for dirty dishes and reading from one that's a month overdue: The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry, edited by Alan Kaufman, Thunder's Mouth Press, NY 1999. I don't consider my blog copyright infringement since I have no readers.


It is all-American, I think, although written by an Italian, Ferrucio Brugnaro, and translated by the much admired San Francisco poet Jack Hirschman

Buy, Always Consume


Buy, buy more than you can
consume. Consume. Fuck over
any relationship.
Step on everything and always
buy everything up. Carry home
as much as you can.
Stuff, stuff yourself with greed.
Don't look anybody in
the eyes.
Surround yourself with high walls
so neither grass nor human
voices can reach you;
sink, sink into the shit as deep
as you can go.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?