.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

And here's most every wife's and ex-wife's favorite story of the day: you lost what?a Picasso, at the subway stop. What are you out of your mind?" For days they must have had these conversations. No, I guess not. Poor Bill Bailey felt bad enough--like he was in a Hitchcock movie he said about running up the subway steps trying to retrieve the rare print in time to get it back. Just made me think of all the things my ex lost while we were married. I was always surprised he didn't lose a kid, but I think that I helped a lot with that. My ex was lucky like Bill Bailey was lucky. It might have been more than once, I don't remember exactly, that someone found his car keys stuck in his car door, and wrapped them up in a note explaining that this way that didn't look like an invitation to car thieves. He left his keys in the car like that more than once a week. Funny how the car never got stolen. Funny how you can lose a rare Picasso the size of a coffee table. But all's well that ends well. Do you think he'll get much framing business after this?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?