.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Today's word from India is that if I want to keep my two-month-old computer from turning documents into pictures of safety pins, I need to debug and reinstall the whole shebang. This means I lose all files, pictures of safety pins included. How those got there--in a supposedly brand new computer in which I have never saved a picture of a pin, I guess I'll never know. It isn't sick; virus scan comes out clean. Why must it have major surgery? I am tired of these constant online consultations and daily frantic, worried phone calls to Dell Tech Support; not to mention that I've done so many system restores I've run out of dates to return to when everything worked. Thanks for listening. Tonight I will brush my teeth and set the computer for defragment while I sleep. Tomorrow is another day. and I can begin to think about number three computer coming up in month three.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?