.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 26, 2003

Check out Altercation's Correspondents' Corner re Scorsese making a bio film of Dylan. Now I'll tell you the truth. I've never seen The Last Waltz while not under extreme influence. If a movie had rock 'n roll I felt it was my duty to get as into the mood of the thing as pharmaceutically possible and still be able to walk. I do remember The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, I think. But I must have lost some of it, because one of the two guys who wrote in saying Scorsese is NOT the man for the job mentioned that "Neil F**king Diamond" had a five minute number. Alterman says he was "incredible." Give me a break. Drunk in Vegas I don't want to watch him for five minutes. But do read the two letters about what these people think Scorsese did to The Band and what they think he'll do to Dylan, and why John Sayles is a better choice. Alterman thinks Scorsese will do a hagiography of Dylan, in which case I might as well forget him asking my Victoria Secret question. And the second writer was right, we probably won't get into "what was with the Christian stuff?"



Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?